Checklists, Guidelines, & Forms
We've made hundreds of forms, checklists, guidelines, and general information documents available to help you remodel, build a new structure, and more!
Below we've listed the TOP 5 REQUESTED FORMS for each category - click the 'View More...' link to go directly to the document folder where you can see even more documents.
Plan Review Checklists
These documents are for applicants when submitting plans for review to help ensure completeness of their plans.
Field Inspection Checklists
These documents are helpful to contractors and inspectors to ensure that the required components are ready for inspection. Most of these are designed for final inspections.
- Grease, Sand, and Oil Interceptors
- Kitchen Hoods, Commercial
- Suspended ceilings
- Tenant Improvement, Restaurants
- Tenant Improvement
- View More Field Inspection Checklists
Documents that need to be filled out to achieve a goal or result.
- Construction and Demolition Recycling Plan
- Permit Application, Fax or Mail-In
- Permit Application Worksheet
- Project Valuation Worksheet
- Special Inspection Agreement
- Work Hours Waiver
- View More Building Forms
These documents are designed for the applicant for various kinds of permits to help them understand all the general and specific requirements for obtaining a permit. They generally include the Building Division as well as other departments or divisions requirements. In addition, they may include requirements of the building code and inspection checklists.
- Bathroom Remodels
- Detached Accessory Buildings
- Fire Sprinkler Requirements
- Kitchen Remodels
- Residential Addition or Alterations
- Residential Reroofing
- Water Heaters
- View More Helpful Guides
Packets are groups of documents that may include any, or all, of the following: checklists, guides, forms, policies, procedures, etc.
- Property Owner-Builder
- PV03-A0.1 Central or String System
- PV03-A6.1 Structural Standard Criteria
- PV04-B0.1 Microinverter and ACM System
- Request Modification and Alternate Methods
- View More Building Packets
Procedures: Step by step descriptions on how to accomplish a specific task. Most of these are used internally by staff rather than by applicants.
Policies: A specific interpretation or explanation of a Building Division understanding of a code requirement. These are used to help maintain consistency of staff implementation.
Drawings: These handouts use drawings or a plan to illustrate a requirement.
Find the Documents, Forms, & Policies for the San Mateo Consolidated Fire Department on their website.