There are 3 exhibit spaces available at the San Mateo Main Library:
- Main gallery - 1st floor meeting room hallway
- Exhibit Case - 2nd floor
- 3rd floor - Cafe walls & Teen Lounge
How often does the library select artwork?
- The library convenes a Library Art Selection Committee annually that includes representatives from the community, local artists and library staff.
What kind of art is selected?
- The Committee seeks art that represents the diversity of our community and varied artistic styles and mediums.
- Potential exhibitors must have a minimum of fifteen (15) pieces available to hang for the duration of an approximately 60 day exhibit period.
- Art pieces may be available for sale, but that is not a requirement for exhibiting.
For more information, contact Noreen Chwee at email@example.com or (650) 522-7811.
Gallery Space Plan