Mitigation Fee Act Reports
- No information on the City’s website is intended to be the basis of or should be relied upon in making an investment decision. The information on this website is not posted for the purpose of reaching the investing public, including bondholders, rating analysts, investment advisors, or any other members of the investment community. Because each security issued by the City or its related entities may involve different sources of payment and security, you should refer for additional information to the official statement and continuing disclosure filings for the particular security, which can be found on the Municipal Security Rulemaking Board’s Electronic Municipal Market Access website: https://emma.msrb.org/.
The City of San Mateo assesses the following development impact fees:
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Phase II Expansion Fee
The 2006-07 Comprehensive Fee Schedule established a Wastewater Treatment Plant Phase II Expansion Fee that is imposed on all development that results in a change of use and that adds more sewage to the City's sewage treatment system.
- Transportation Improvement Fee
San Mateo Municipal Code Chapter 27.13 established a transportation improvement fee for new development to fund City-wide traffic improvements to mitigate the cumulative impacts of new development and to accommodate future development.
- South Trunk Area Sewer Improvement Fee
San Mateo Municipal Code Chapter 3.54 established a development impact fee for the South Trunk area sewer improvements. The fee is imposed on all development and redevelopment served by the South Trunk line.
- Park Impact Fee
San Mateo Municipal Code Chapter 13.05 established a park impact fee on the construction of new residential units to accommodate the increased demand on park and recreation facilities.
The City of Sa-n Mateo assesses the following in-lieu fees:
- Parking In-Lieu Fee
San Mateo Municipal Code Chapter 11.62 established a parking in-lieu fee to fund parking improvements necessitated by development in downtown San Mateo.
- Art in Public Places Fee
San Mateo Municipal Code Chapter 23.60 established an art in public places fee on developers in lieu of placing approved artwork at the development sites to fund the installation of public artwork in the City.
- Tree Replacement Fee
San Mateo Municipal Code Chapter 27.71 established a tree replacement fee on all development requiring approval of planning application, except for single-family dwelling design review applications, for the removal of existing trees on development sites.
- Below Market Rate Housing Fee
City Council Resolution No. 121 (2008) established a below market rate housing fee for developers who do not construct affordable housing units onsite as required under the City's Below Market Rate program.
- Park In-Lieu Fee
San Mateo Municipal Code Chapter 26.64 established a park in-lieu fee for residential planning application projects involving subdivisions.
The City of San Mateo assesses the following linkage fees:
- Child Care Development Fee
City Council Resolution No. 34 (2004) established a child care development fee to fund child care facilities necessitated by commercial development.
- Affordable Housing Commercial Linkage Fee
San Mateo Municipal Code Chapter 23.61 established an affordable housing commercial linkage fee to fund affordable housing necessitated by commercial development.
Where can I find the amounts charged for these fees?
The amount charged for each of these fees can be found in the Impact, In-lieu, and Linkage Fees section of the Comprehensive Fee Schedule. In 2021, the City underwent a comprehensive review of its impact and in-lieu fees. That review produced two nexus studies, which are available for review below:
- Development Impact and In-Lieu Fee Study – April 2021 – Matrix Consulting Group
- Wastewater Capacity Charge Update – April 2021 – Bartle Wells Associates