When will I need a special Inspection?
If a special inspection for certain work is required of your project, the property owner must employ a special inspector who is certified by the Building Official to perform the special inspections required for your project. Special inspections are in addition to those inspections performed of the Building Inspection Division.

The Property owner must supply the Building Official with a "notice of final inspection" by the special inspection agency before your job can be "finalized" by the City Building Inspector.

If you have any questions about the special inspection requirements you should contact the plan checker assigned to your project. Field problems with special inspection should be brought to the attention of you City Building Inspector.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Building Inspection Division?
2. What services does the Building Inspection Division provide?
3. How do I schedule an inspection?
4. What are the hours of construction?
5. Can I request a special time for my inspection?
6. What is the waiting time for an inspection?
7. How do I cancel an inspection?
8. At what stage do I need to call for an inspection?
9. When will I need a special Inspection?
10. When do I need a Certificate Of Occupancy?
11. When would I need a Temporary Certificate Of Occupancy?
12. What types of complaints does the Building Inspection Division handle?
13. How do I comply with a "Notice of Correction/Stop Work Order"?
14. How do I schedule a Residential Fire Sprinkler Inspection?
15. How do I schedule an inspection for a fire permit (other than Residential Fire Sprinklers)?