Where can I apply for a tree removal permit?

If applying for a tree removal permit that is related to development, submit the Tree Work Application for revision to the CSS Portal with the related building permit or planning application plans. The CDD Managing Arborist will review the plans and removal request together. For any other removal application contact the Parks and Recreation Tree Division and submit the Tree Work Application as indicated. Tree Work Applications for permits can be obtained online at http://www.cityofsanmateo.org/trees, or at the Parks Office located at 2001 Pacific Blvd., San Mateo.

Show All Answers

1. What is an Existing Tree/Major Vegetation?
2. Is the Tree Protection Plan the only requirement for development regarding Protected Trees?
3. Why trees should be protected?
4. Can the City Arborist provide recommendations for development projects?
5. What is an ISA Certified Arborist?
6. What is a Project Arborist?
7. Is a Tree Protection Plan always required when building near a Protected Tree?
8. What happens if a Protected Tree is damaged?
9. How do I calculate the Tree Protection Zone?
10. When is an Arborist Report required?
11. Is the Arborist Report and TPP the same thing?
12. What is the format of an Arborist Report?
13. Is a permit required to remove Protected Trees?
14. Where can I apply for a tree removal permit?
15. Where can I get answers to additional questions?