Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
- Must pass the CritiCall exam or POST Dispatcher Test.
- Must pass a background investigation.
- Must meet all department, medical, physical, and psychological standards.
- Some telephone or dispatch experience is highly desirable.
Take the CritiCall examination for free. Email a recruiter at JOINSMPD@cityofsanmateo.org to receive the virtual link.