What resources are there for dispute mediation?
Free mediation services are available to city residents to resolve conflicts. Participation is voluntary, but mediation services offer an alternative to lawsuits or governmental involvement. Mediation uses neutral persons trained to help both sides talk it out and settle their differences, finding solutions acceptable to all participants.
Mediation is available for neighborhood disputes over issues such as noise, pets, property maintenance, parking, children, views and drainage. Mediation can also help resolve tenant- landlord disputes; consumer problems with products, warranties or deadlines; or small claims such as debts, auto accidents or property damage.

Free mediation services are available by contacting the Peninsula Conflict Resolution Center at (650) 513-0330 or the San Mateo County Mediation Program at (650) 373-3490.
Peninsula Conflict Resolution Center

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a missing person or runaway report?
2. How can I report a drug-related crime?
3. How are concealed weapon permits obtained?
4. What resources are there for dispute mediation?
5. How can I contact the detective who is handling a given case?
6. Who should I contact when I see graffiti?
7. How can I obtain a traffic collision report?