Restrictions in Place at City Parks - Please Stay Close to Home
We know the spread of COVID-19 is affecting everyone and we’re very appreciative of people who have been abiding by the shelter in place orders. As we all work to curb the spread of the virus and protect our community, we’re sorry to announce ACCESS TO CITY PARKS WILL BE LIMITED in order to protect public health.
We know exercise and fresh air are a priority and essential to keeping us all sane, but please remember when venturing outdoors stay local. Only visit areas you can walk or bike to, please do not drive or take transit to recreation areas. Parks are open for passive use only, please be careful when enjoying open space areas.
CITY OF SAN MATEO PARK RULES:
- No gathering. Stay at least 6 ft apart from others
- Playgrounds are closed
- Dog parks are closed
- Courts & fields are closed
- No organized sports or pick-up games
- Access to restrooms will be closed or very limited
- Ryder Park & Seal Point – parking lots are closed
- Poplar Creek Golf Course & Japanese Garden are closed
- County Parks (including Coyote Point) are closed
We understand these are very difficult circumstances, but we can all do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community by staying close to home. Your cooperation means you’ll be helping to protect your neighbors, your firefighters, your police officers, your public health workers and yourself.