- The project site is located on Concar Drive, between South Grant Street and South Delaware Street.
- The site is approximately 14.5 acres and currently occupied by Concar Shopping Center, which includes Trader Joe’s, Peninsula Ballet Theatre, Ross Dress for Less, The Pantry, Rite-Aid, T.J. Maxx, Shane Co., and 7-Eleven.
- The project proposes to demolish the existing commercial buildings and construct 961 multi-family dwelling units and approximately 40,000 square feet of commercial/retail space. The project includes 73 affordable housing units, associated parking and 3 acres of community open space. Commercial uses include Trader Joe’s, Peninsula Ballet Theatre, 7-Eleven and a new SEED food hall, with other retail space and a daycare facility for approximately 70 children.
- On August 17, 2020, the City Council approved this project by a vote of 5-0, consistent with the Planning Commission’s recommendation for approval. The project’s Ordinance for the Development Agreement was also adopted at the September 8, 2020 City Council meeting on its Consent Calendar.
The project includes the following required entitlements: Supplemental EIR, Site Plan and Architectural Review, Site Development Planning Application, Vesting Tentative Map, and a Development Agreement.
The Final EIR was also certified by the City Council at its August 17, 2020 meeting.
- City Council Consent Calendar for Ordinance adoption: Video – September 8, 2020
- City Council (Public Hearing): Video - August 17, 2020
- Planning Commission Public Hearing: Video – July 28, 2020
California Coastal Properties
4 Embarcadero, Suite 1400
San Francisco, CA 94114