Agendas & Minutes Public Meeting Portal
Check each agenda for instructions on how to participate. Some meetings can be attended in person and/or remote by joining Zoom while other meetings are in person only.
How to Navigate the Public Meeting Portal
The San Mateo Public Meeting Portal displays content for upcoming and archived meetings.
Meetings are sorted by date, with the earliest meeting appearing on top. Today and future meetings appear at the top of the list under Current And Upcoming Meetings. Past meetings are listed under the Archived Meetings section.
The list can be filtered to show meetings for a selected Committee or for a selected date. Search is initiated through the “Text Search” entry field.
Under the Documents column, clicking “HTML Agenda” or “HTML Packet” opens a new browser tab where you can view and download individual Agenda Reports and attachments. Click on the agenda item’s title to expand the selection. If the meeting is accompanied by a timestamped video, clicking the item will also advance the recording to where the item is addressed.
- Watching a Council or Commission Meeting Online
- Public Comments During a Live Meeting Broadcast
- Provide Written Comments Prior to a Meeting
How to Watch Public Meetings
- Watch a Live Meeting in Zoom: Click the ‘Join via Zoom’ link included at the top of each meeting agenda. All attendees are view-only participants who will be muted.
- Watch a Broadcast or Live Stream: View the broadcast live on Comcast/channel 27, Wave/channel 26, or AT&T/channel 99, the TV live stream, or on our Youtube channel.
- Closed Captioning: Closed captions and live transcription can be viewed during the live meeting via Zoom. Instructions for this feature can be viewed here.
See Public Comments tab above for information on how provide written and spoken remarks. Have questions? Contact the City Clerk’s Office.
Providing Public Comment During a Live Meeting
Process: The Mayor will call for public comment, the Clerk will then ask for all of those wishing to speak in person to turn in their speaker slips or attending remotely to raise their hands. The Clerk will then announce how many speakers and who the last speaker will be for both in person and virtual. The Mayor will announce the amount of time per speaker based on the number of speakers. In person speakers will be taken first, followed by remote speakers.
- During the meeting by Zoom: Find the agenda for the meeting you wish to attend below and click the link at the top of the agenda to be added to the meeting. All attendees are muted by default. To speak press the “Raise Your Hand” icon and you will be called on at the appropriate time.
- During the meeting by telephone: Call (408) 638-0968 and enter the conference ID found at the top of the meeting agenda. When the item of interest is open for consideration, select *9 to raise your hand. When called upon, press *6 to unmute, state your name and provide your comments.
- In-Person: Complete a “Request to Speak” form available before the meeting or submit a request at the speaker kiosk in the Council Chamber.
NOTE: Time limits will be observed. Please refer to Meeting Decorum for details.
Providing Public Comment by Email
- For comments BEFORE release of the agenda: Send emails to the appropriate email address (see below) for inclusion in the agenda packet by 4:00 pm the day before the release of the meeting agenda. Please include corresponding agenda item # in the subject line of your email.
- For comments AFTER release of the packet: Send emails to the appropriate email address (see below). Please include corresponding agenda item # in the subject line of your email. Emails will be shared with the meeting body electronically the day of the meeting. For a 7:00 pm meeting, emails must be received by 4:00 pm on the day of the meeting. These comments will be made part of the permanent official record.
- To reach all City Council: email@example.com
- City Council agenda item comments, please copy City Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning Commission agenda item comments: email@example.com
- Sustainability and Infrastructure Commission agenda items: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parks and Recreation Commission agenda items: email@example.com