After-School and Preschool Programs
Registration for the 2019/20 school year is available now!
San Mateo’s award-winning Building Blocks Preschool Program has been recognized as an outstanding program and we have a loyal following of San Mateo parents. We provide a safe, nurturing and creative environment for your child. For complete and detailed information on any of the preschool classes, see our Activity Guide.
Our preschool program benefits include:
- Building Block approach: The structure of our program provides a stable and continuous learning environment for your child from ages 1.5 to five years.
- Highly qualified teachers: Our professional preschool teachers are educated in early childhood development.
- Low teacher-child ratios: There are no more than 8 children per teacher.
- Great value: Building Blocks Preschool is moderately priced to be accessible to all.
- Multiple locations: Programs are located at four facilities for your convenience.
- New Family Information (English)
- New Family Information (Spanish)
- All Families Registration Form (English)
- All Families Registration Form (Spanish)
- Tiny Tots & Pre-K (English)
- Tiny Tots & Pre-K (Spanish)
- Friends and Me Parent Packet (English)
- Friends and Me Parent Packet (Spanish)
You and your child can explore preschool together in this first step of our building blocks program. The classes are a fun time to get your little one used to the idea of preschool with singing, sharing, and arts and crafts. The classes focus on:
- Reinforcing parents as teachers.
- Building socialization skills.
- Exploration with a teacher.
- Fostering independence.
- Easing separation anxiety through self-fulfilling activities.
- Continued building of movement and social skills.
- Low ratio - six students per teacher.
This class is the next step after Friends and Me and is designed for toilet-trained children. It provides a vibrant and nurturing environment for your child to develop:
- Social and cognitive skills.
- Gross motor and fine motor skills.
- Pre-academic concepts such as the alphabet, colors, phonics and numbers.
This last program in our series and is designed as a transition to kindergarten. Pre-kindergarten focuses on:
- Continued development of social skills and building self esteem.
- Providing a more structured environment in preparation for kindergarten.
- Incorporating state recommended academic benchmarks.
- Creating a safe setting to develop age-appropriate skills.
We offer fee assistance for qualifying San Mateo residents.
Our programs are affordable as well as fun and provide a sense of community for your child.
Beresford Kids Club and Kinder KidsBeresford Kids Club for grades 1 – 5 and Kinder Kids for kindergartners are licensed and full service after school programs.
2019/20 BKC enrollment information is available
Our staff picks your child up from either Beresford or Meadow Heights Elementary School and brings them to the Club for an afternoon of structured activities, games and homework time.
The 2019-20 Beresford Kids Club calendar will follow the San Mateo-Foster City School District calendar and run August 13, 2019 through June 20, 2020.
- Kinder Kids Program
- Monday through Friday
- 12:30pm - 3:00pm
- Elementary After-School Program
- Monday through Friday
- 2:30pm - 6:00pm
- On minimum days our program operates from the time the children are dismissed from school until 6:00pm.
We offer fee assistance for our after-school care for City of San Mateo residents and encourage qualifying parents to apply.