The Parks and Recreation Department has more than 100 picnic tables at more than 10 different parks, each with its own special feel. Depending on the picnic area, we can accommodate groups up to 250 people. They are very popular so reservations are a must!
- Picnic profiles: Which picnic area will work best for you? Use our profiles to pick the perfect spot.
- See the parks: Use our online interactive park map to see each park and the key picnic areas.
- Online rentals: Use our convenient online rental system to request a reservation.
- Drop-in picnic areas: Many of our parks, including Bayside/Joinville Park, Beresford Park, Central Park, Laurie Meadows, and Ryder Park have several smaller picnic tables available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Picnic regulations: Be sure to read our rules and regulations so there are no surprises on the day of your picnic.
If you have additional questions, call us at
Reservation Office - Outdoor Facilities
2001 Pacific Blvd.
San Mateo, CA 94403
City-wide picnics & athletic fields:
Monday through Friday
8:00am-12:00pm & 1:00pm-5:00pm