Martin Luther King Community Center & Pool
Location: 725 Monte Diablo
Phone: (650) 522-7470
About MLK Community Center
Martin Luther King (MLK) Community Center is home to many youth activities including PAL, the San Mateo Police Activities League, drop-in basketball, several dance and fitness classes, and a summer-time pool. It is also where some of San Mateo’s favorite happenings take place.
ALSO SEE: Martin Luther King, Jr. Park
Rentable Indoor Spaces
The following rooms are available for rental:
- Assembly: 140 occupancy
- Social A: 69 occupancy
- Social B: 62 occupancy
- Conference: 39 occupancy
About King Swim Center
The swim center has 2 pools open from Memorial Day through mid August. Facilities include:
- Pool #1: 5 lane 25 yard pool 3’ to 9’ deep with a diving board
- Pool #2: 20’ by 16’ training pool from 0 to 3 ½’ deep
- Heated locker rooms with showers and lockers
- Plenty of deck space with tables and chairs, with a convenient children’s park located right outside the pool
For information about renting the swim facility, contact the Aquatics team at (650) 522-7460.
Pool Hours of Operation
- 2017 Summer Season Starts: Saturday, June 18th
- 2017 Summer Season Ends: Sunday, August 13th
- Monday-Friday 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Saturday/Sunday and Holidays 1:00pm - 5:00pm*
- *POOL CLOSED FOR HOLIDAYS:
- 4th of July - Tuesday, July 4, 2017
- Labor Day - Monday, September 4, 2017
Pool Rules & Regulations
- Everyone entering the facility must pay the admission fee.
- Bathing suits must be worn into the pool. Street clothes are not permitted. White t-shirts only. No colored t-shirts allowed.
- Children 5 and under must be accompanied by an adult (16 ) in the water. One adult per child.
- Flotation devices must be securely attached to the body and coast guard approved.
- No inflatable devices permitted.
- Children in diapers must wear a swim diaper in the pool. Swim diapers can be purchased at the pool.
- Advanced reservations required for groups over 10 people.