Healthy children, in mind and body, are indicative of a community committed to an environment in which youth can flourish. We aspire to provide youth a variety of experiences that nurture individuality, spark imagination, and build the skills needed to ensure success in the next stage of development.
Our approach spans preschool to high school, with programs focused on early childhood education, child care, after-school enrichment, diverse adventure, skill building and summer camp opportunities, leadership, personal development and community involvement.
Providing youth development opportunities and resources is vital for our community. We have a comprehensive youth development program including:
- Preschool Programs: Building Blocks provides early learning experiences from parent-child through Pre-Kindergarten, while Early Explorations provides a variety of music, movement, adventure and other activities for your pre-schooler to explore, learn and socialize.
- Summer Camps: We have a variety of flexible summer camp options that ensures children have an engaging, safe and fun summer, and parents have the childcare support they need.
- After School Care: We provide after school care at three sites – Beresford Center and the King Center.
- Teen Program: We are here to make sure that teens embark on their path to adulthood with a good foundation.
- The San Mateo Police Activities League (PAL): This police-operated program aims to build trust between “cops and kids” through recreational, educational, and leisure activities.