General Guidelines for Donating
- Donation Size: Only 2 boxes or 4 bags will be accepted at one time. The maximum donation size accepted is six boxes. If you have 3 – 6 boxes to donate, please telephone the Library first at (650) 522-7802 to coordinate with the Friends of the Library President before you bring any boxes into the Library.
- Please deposit donations in the Wall Donation Book Drop in the Main Library Lobby during regular library service hours.
- If you need help to move your donation from your car, you may request a book cart at the Accounts Desk.
- We cannot provide home pick-up.
- It is the donor's responsibility to count materials for which you wish to have a receipt. We suggest you count all items before bringing them in for donation.
- Receipt Forms are available from the Welcome Desk or the Accounts Desk. Although we are unable to place a monetary value on your donation, you may use our form as a receipt for tax purposes.
The Library is pleased to accept donations of the following in clean, usable condition:
- General non-fiction
- Music CDs - all languages, all types of music
- Books on CD
- Textbooks less than 3 years old with clean, unmarked pages
We CANNOT Accept the Following Items*
- National Geographic
- VHS tapes
- Damaged or damp items
- Other miscellany
*We suggest you contact another organization for these donations or call RecyleWorks at 1-888-442-2666.