- Learn a new skill or improve an existing one.
- Increase water safety.
- Build confidence.
- Increase interest in healthy activities.
We offer a number of different swim programs for children and youth. All of our swim lessons are taught by certified instructors who know how to make learning fun and safe.
- Swim lessons are available seasonally; see Aquatics Booklet for details
- Pool rentals are available for private or group rentals during non-public hours.
Explore our Youth Swim Programs online at www.SanMateoRec.org
Preschool & Youth Swim Lessons
Learning how to swim and further developing swimming skills when young not only keeps your child active and healthy, but also helps to increase their water safety for life. We offer swimming instruction based on the American Red Cross (ARC) Learn to Swim Program, which promotes both water safety and swimming skills in a safe and fun environment. Learn more about Preschool & Youth Swim Lessons
- Build endurance.
- Increase muscle strength.
- Create a great cardio-vascular fitness routine.
- Exercise with very little strain on your joints!
Explore our Adult Swim Programs online at www.SanMateoRec.org
Joinville Swim Center is available for birthday parties at specific times on weekends during the recreation swim season.
Contact Joinville Pool for more information on all pool rental opportunities.
Recreational SwimFee: $3.25 15 years and younger
$4.75 16 years and older
Create your own workout or simply swim laps at your own pace. We will supply kickboards, pull buoys, and the Lifeguard - you provide the energy!
Ages: 15 years and up
Location: Joinville Pool
2017 Season: June 19 through August 12
Hours of Operation:
- Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 12:45pm (June 19 through August 10) &
5:00pm - 7:30pm (June 19 through August 24)
- Saturday: 10:00am - 12:00pm (June 24 through August 12)
Off-Season Lap SwimBelow are a few facilities that offer lap swim programs during the off season (fall, winter, and spring):
Pool Rules & Regulations
- Everyone entering the facility must pay the admission fee.
- Bathing suits must be worn into the pool. Street clothes are not permitted. White t-shirts only. No colored t-shirts allowed.
- Children 5 and under must be accompanied by an adult (16 ) in the water. One adult per child.
- Flotation devices must be securely attached to the body and coast guard approved.
- No inflatable devices permitted.
- Children in diapers must wear a swim diaper in the pool. Swim diapers can be purchased at the pool.
- Advanced reservations required for groups over 10 people.
- All Youth 15 years and younger are required to take a swim test prior to entering the water during rec swim.